British GP 9th-11th June - Suitable sites

Old February 23rd 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default British GP 9th-11th June - Suitable sites

Has anyone got experience of doing a full GP weekend at Silverstone.?

I am not yet a CCC or CC club member ( as I am not sue whether either give
me any benefits )

I have seen a few sites referenced which appear to be local temporary
affairs . I don't know how my Crusader will fair amongst a load of boozy
campers, but would look forward to a get together with a load of petrolheads
( hopefully civilised ).

The site in question ( Litchlake Farm ) looks to be right on the doorstep,
but its first-come-first-serve and I know the earliest I can make it there
for is ~teatime Friday night.

If anyone here has got a well proven plan for taking a tourer to a close
proximity to Silverstone , I'd like to hear more....
Thx

Old February 23rd 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bertrum flack

"ToxOgrady" wrote in message
Has anyone got experience of doing a full GP weekend at Silverstone.?

I am not yet a CCC or CC club member ( as I am not sue whether either give
me any benefits )

I have seen a few sites referenced which appear to be local temporary
affairs . I don't know how my Crusader will fair amongst a load of boozy
campers, but would look forward to a get together with a load of

petrolheads
( hopefully civilised ).

The site in question ( Litchlake Farm ) looks to be right on the doorstep,
but its first-come-first-serve and I know the earliest I can make it there
for is ~teatime Friday night.

If anyone here has got a well proven plan for taking a tourer to a close
proximity to Silverstone , I'd like to hear more....
Thx

We stayed at a site near near Nottingham, the farm site you mention has

lots and I mean lots of tents and very little sleep is gained, plus if its
the same site I think it is if it rains you have problems.

Old February 23rd 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

We stayed at a site near near Nottingham, the farm site you mention has

lots and I mean lots of tents and very little sleep is gained, plus if its
the same site I think it is if it rains you have problems.

Yeah...I'm continuing to look and this Litchlake site might be a laugh to
call into for a beer , but maybe by 2-3.00am you might think enoughs enough.
I've found a site ( no hook ups anywhere ) called Cavalier Fields which
claims to be much more 'sedate'....and takes bookings. I am wary of the fact
my towcar is a Sedona, so if it gets stuck dragging my van off the grass I
might need to shout for someone to help with a 4x4. The price for
Friday-Sunday is 50quid which isn't too bad either.

If nobody comes up with a better idea, then I might pursue this plot just
slightly NE of the circuit.

Last time I went to Silverstone it was the 2000 season when it was held in
April and it was a mudbath. On that occasion 3 of us took pushbikes and we
parked up about 5-6 miles away and cycled past the massive queues ( the ones
which made Bernie Ecclestone put his foot down in order to get the
infrastructure improved ). I never done a full weekend before so I'm really
looking forward.....to escaping from the kids for a few days !

Old February 24th 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Living locally in Milton Keynes I can tell you everything is booked up
months in advance for Silverstone, last year a hotel in Dudley in the West
Midlands did a special, hotel and transport to Silverstone!! There must be
some CL's but all the other Caravan Sites like Billing Aquadrome and
Emberton Park are not Caravan Club. Several of them now have large static
sites and I wonder if this will become a thing of the future.
Liz