Kia Sedona Reverse Parking Sensors

Old February 24th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Not very Techinal

Default Kia Sedona Reverse Parking Sensors

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to adjust the reverse parking sensors on factory
fit parking sensors for a Kia Sedona (03 plate)? I've just had a
normal witter tow bar fitted by a friend and had hoped he would be able
to adjust the sensors except he does not know how.

Kia are being a bit boring and will not tell me as they say the
adjustment should be done in the garage and will cost me!

Thanks,

Old February 24th 06, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On 24 Feb 2006 08:34:58 -0800, "Not very Techinal"
wrote:

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to adjust the reverse parking sensors on factory
fit parking sensors for a Kia Sedona (03 plate)? I've just had a
normal witter tow bar fitted by a friend and had hoped he would be able
to adjust the sensors except he does not know how.

Kia are being a bit boring and will not tell me as they say the
adjustment should be done in the garage and will cost me!

Try unplugging the 2 centre ones the system should still work OK,
that's probably all a dealer would do.

I could ask my friendly Kia dealer but I can't do it until the end of
next week (working in Ireland most of the week).

If you want me too, email me to remind me leave out the 'X' on mail
address also make subject 'Kia Reverse' or something equally obvious
or it will get deleted.

Lenny
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old February 24th 06, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

I bought a 3yr old Sedona and fitted my own kit which I bought off Ebay. I
didn't envisage the trouble I ended up with.

I personally think you've now got the same "sensors reflecting off the
towball" problem that I have. Follow this KIA forum post I started :-

http://www.kia-forums.com/index.php?showtopic=6396&hl=

oups.com...

Old February 24th 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Does anyone know how to adjust the reverse parking sensors on factory
fit parking sensors for a Kia Sedona (03 plate)?

If it only beeps when the caravan is attached and being reversed I wouldn't
worry about it.
If it beeps when solo, disconnect the inner sensors-or use a bracket with
removeable tow ball.
DaveK.