Combined shower/toilets

Old February 26th 06, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Default Combined shower/toilets

For the past seven years my wife and I have owned and used a Sterling Europa
460NT 'van with rear washroom. This caravan has a separate shower cubicle
and we both use it daily when we are away. We would like to replace our van
but we have a problem. It's parked at the front of the house and, with a
shipping length of 19' 9" it just fits! Any longer and the tow hitch would
be projecting out onto the pavement. We have looked at current vans in a
similar configuration to our own but they are now all longer and would not
fit. One alternative would be to buy a smaller, rear kitchen van - but we
would then be stuck with a combined toilet/shower and feel sure we would
find that a real bind. Anyone with such a combined washroom, who uses the
shower regularly, care to comment on whether it *is* a bind or not?

Kev

Old February 26th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Russ765

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
[...]

We have a Swift 470 with end bathroom and changing area, the toilet/ shower
is all in one, no real problems but remember there would not be the room you
are used to.

Old February 26th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We have had both in several vans; there is no doubt that the dedicated
shower is by far the best. Biggest problem with the combined units were the
curtains, in most cases we had to resort to tying some form of clips to rail
or walls in order to keep the curtain from sticking to us when showering,
then had to hang the curtain out of the window to drip and dry the floor etc
with towels.

Old February 27th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I have found that my washroom has plastic walls that are sealed at the
corners and any joins my shower base also covers the whole bathroom so its a
complete watertight unit. . The only shower curtain is in front of the door
and is not a bind at all. My washroom and all fitments, are plastic and
sealed so it just gets wet. It soon dries out with a wipe over and the
window opened. However the seals on the walls and around the fittings must
be checked regular and replaced as required.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD