Newby delurks

Old February 28th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Duncan

Default Newby delurks

Hi all,

This is my first post to this group. Most posts here seem to be from towing
caravanners, but I've just become a static 'van owner - does that count, or
is it regarded as a wierd anomaly and not proper caravanning?

Both my wife and myself went caravanning as children, in the days of
chemical toilets and shivering in sleeping-bags whilst the rain dripped
through a cracked plastic skylight- we were impressed with the improvements
in comfort in caravans nowadays, but put off by the size of them for towing,
hence the decision to go for a "static".

I've got it on a site in Yorkshire where some creative gardening of your
pitch seems to be encouraged (rather than merely tolerated or absolutely
forbidden as on some other nearby sites), so I've got a big patch of rough
grass at the edge of woodland waiting to be tamed.

Duncan

Old February 28th 06, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Duncan" wrote in message
Hi all,

This is my first post to this group. Most posts here seem to be from
towing
caravanners, but I've just become a static 'van owner - does that count,
or
is it regarded as a wierd anomaly and not proper caravanning?

Welcome.
I have both so know a little of both worlds.
Think this is mainly for tourers so you might get a bit of flak.
Davek.

Old March 1st 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"davek" wrote in message

"Duncan" wrote in message
Hi all,

This is my first post to this group. Most posts here seem to be from
towing
caravanners, but I've just become a static 'van owner - does that count,
or
is it regarded as a wierd anomaly and not proper caravanning?

Welcome.
I have both so know a little of both worlds.
Think this is mainly for tourers so you might get a bit of flak.

Not from the intelligent though.

We have two 'vans both on wheels but one only moves to turn it into another
position occasionally, it lives on a daughter's farm. so it could be said to
be a static even though it's only 10' long. It's still a proper caravan!

Welcome! I ook forward to hearing more about it - especially your gardening
activities.

Mary

Davek.

Old March 1st 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

We have no prejudice here I think I can say I speak for the Majority. You
will find most of us are not static owners but it matters not. I just prefer
caravanning to Hotels and B&B, The only reason I don't have a static is I
like the diversity of sites and locations that a tourer offers. I have
recently been to the same site in Oxfordshire twice in Feburary and already
got bored of it so will not return for a few years now. However if my health
ever started to dictate that I could not tour a static would be top of my
list, and would have to curb my wandering instinct. However I would have to
change locations at least every 2 years. I could however cope with a static
and a tourer, which I have considered

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD