Elgena KB6 Electric Water Heater

Old March 1st 06, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default Elgena KB6 Electric Water Heater

Hi, has anyone any experience of this electric water heater in a caravan.
it's supposed to heat up 6 litres of hot water giving 22 litres of warm
water when mixed with cold. Particularly interested in opinions of use with
a shower. I'm thinking of fitting one as I never use sites without mains and
its a cheaper option than a gas/electric heater and the fitting is easier as
there is no hole to cut in the side of the caravan. With our old van and a
cascade 2 we could get 2 showers out of a 29 litre Aqua roll so its sounds
feasible to me.
--
http://www.campingstore.co.uk/prodDe...inc._Uk_Plug)/

Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old March 1st 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Hi, has anyone any experience of this electric water heater in a caravan.
it's supposed to heat up 6 litres of hot water giving 22 litres of warm
water when mixed with cold.

Don't know that particular model, but I bought an undersink water heater
through eBay when our home heating went kaput. Often available from
Discount Electrics (or something simlar). They go for about 50 including
delivery.
Size of a bread bin, cold water in, hot out, thermostat with led. Heats to
70C and holds ten litres. Only 1.7kw-same as a powerful kettle. I used
Speedfit connections and it took ten minutes to set up. When it starts
running cold (after more than enough for a good shower) it takes ten minutes
to heat to maximum again.
Now the central heating's back on in the house, it's doing a good job in the
garage.
If the water heater in the caravan ever packed in, I'd use that.
DaveK.