Mersey Island?

Old March 1st 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Mersey Island?

Is this a real island and does it have any caravan sites if it's that big.
It came up in conversation and I have never heard of it.
Liz

Old March 1st 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:15:35 -0000, "liz hall" "remove the spam"
wrote:

|Is this a real island and does it have any caravan sites if it's that big.
|It came up in conversation and I have never heard of it.

I have been on *an* island in the Mersey, called "Wigg Island" actually
between the Mersey and The Manchester Ship Canal
http://www2.halton.gov.uk/nature/con...island/?a=5441
No caravans

Part of it has been landscaped and paths laid, but is now behind security
fences, presumably because of contaminated ground. I would not eat the
soil there ;-) The web site says this ensures that some areas of the
reserve always remain quite enough to allow the sensitive wildlife to
thrive. This area will be open to the public through guided visits for
groups and publicised events. but I do not believe it.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Old March 1st 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 1st 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 1st 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
REDSKINS

|Is this a real island and does it have any caravan sites if it's that
big.
|It came up in conversation and I have never heard of it.

I have been on *an* island in the Mersey, called "Wigg Island" actually
between the Mersey and The Manchester Ship Canal
http://www2.halton.gov.uk/nature/con...island/?a=5441
No caravans

I think you are refering to Mersea Island, south of Colchester.

yes it has a few caravan parks , one called Waldegraves at
www.waldegraves.co.uk

It has a Road leading to the island, not a bridge but the road floods at
high tide and can cut the Island off for several hours!

Lee

Old March 1st 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
REDSKINS

Old March 1st 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
REDSKINS

Old March 1st 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

Just looked at their tarrifs! I was thinking of staying, not buying
the bloody place!!!

Old March 1st 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

Old March 1st 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475