Sites near London CL's etc & Electric

Old March 3rd 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerry

Default Sites near London CL's etc & Electric

I intend to visit London the week after the Easter hols and I am
looking for a Caravan site North of London with good access to London
Via Tube/Train.
I would like a CL or similar much to do with quite and cost, but not at
the expense of security.
The reason for a northern side site is that I am coming down from
Lancashire and I am trying to minimise the tug but not at the expense
of the daily trip to the capital.
I accept that I want all things to all men, but I am a official old git
(OAP) and to make matters worse I am a old Lancashire git (but proud of
it).
Any help would be gratefuly recieved (but not that grateful)

Gerry McKenzie

Old March 3rd 06, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

I accept that I want all things to all men, but I am a official old git
(OAP) and to make matters worse I am a old Lancashire git (but proud of
it).
Any help would be gratefuly recieved (but not that grateful)
Gerry McKenzie

Maybe Lancs by adoption but with your name you'll be a Jock by ancestry.
Wanting to save a bawbee or two then.
There used to some good cl's on our side of the metropolis but sadly all
gone.
Some (many) years ago we had an excellent London long weekend based at the
club site, Wyatts Covert at Denham.
Low season rate is 13 a night, more expensive than the average cl but you
are near London and the facilities are good.
Each day we parked the car at Uxbridge and bought a day ticket for all
London transport. The CC suggests taking the train from Denham into
Marylebone. You'd need to check on the various offers.
Have fun, y'old git.
DaveK.

Old March 5th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On 3 Mar 2006 03:00:51 -0800, "Gerry"
wrote:

You could try http://www.leevalleypark.org.uk/maps/6.htm near Enfield

I stayed there a few years ago whilst working in London. Not sure what
the rates are now but it was 12 a night when I was there.

....Ludwig

Old March 5th 06, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:19:06 +0000, Ludwig Van Beethoven
wrote:

|On 3 Mar 2006 03:00:51 -0800, "Gerry"
|wrote:
|

|You could try http://www.leevalleypark.org.uk/maps/6.htm near Enfield
|
|I stayed there a few years ago whilst working in London. Not sure what
|the rates are now but it was ?12 a night when I was there.

I also stayed there a few times some years ago. OK for an overnight, but
I was not impressed.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Old March 5th 06, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 5th 06, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning