OT sat nav truck and coach add-ons

Old March 3rd 06, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John White

Default OT sat nav truck and coach add-ons

Hello every one sorry to be a bit of topic but I am sure there are people in
the group who will have the answers to my question. I am considering buying
sat nav thingamy for use in my work as a coach driver. It will need to have
good maps of Europe to street level. Also IT would be a real advantage if it
would also show me low bridges and other coach unfriendly hazards. has any
one got any good ideas of which system to buy and what add-ons are available
and from where ect .
thanks in advance.
John
--
www.g7bwi.co.uk
..

Old March 4th 06, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

"John White" wrote in message

Hello every one sorry to be a bit of topic but I am sure there are people

in
the group who will have the answers to my question. I am considering

buying
sat nav thingamy for use in my work as a coach driver. It will need to

have
good maps of Europe to street level. Also IT would be a real advantage if

it
would also show me low bridges and other coach unfriendly hazards. has any
one got any good ideas of which system to buy and what add-ons are

available
and from where ect .
thanks in advance.
John
--
www.g7bwi.co.uk
.

Try posting on then uk.rec.gps NG you may get more positive replies. For
low bridges in UK see http://www.willow-house.co.uk/ for some European POIs
see http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtompoi.php and
http://www.poihandler.com/overview.asp

I use these POIs on my TomTom GO 300 and with the extra European maps CD
have successfully navigated in France and Italy.

Jim

It has removed 233 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old March 4th 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les Milner

hi john
i use the GARMIN "Quest" http://www.garmin.com this covers all europe and it
can be set, individualy ,for walking,truck,BUS,emergancy vehicle or taxi and
its fits quite snugly in your pocket when not in use. The "quest 2" in
downlaodable for variouse other info has both have there stand-alone memory.
just a point. i assume you know sat-navs are illigal in spain if the driver
can see it !!! although what use it is without seeing it is a bit daft
(happened aimed at blind drivers !!!)
les m

Old March 4th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"John White" wrote in message

Hello every one sorry to be a bit of topic but I am sure there are people

in
the group who will have the answers to my question. I am considering

buying
sat nav thingamy for use in my work as a coach driver. It will need to

have
good maps of Europe to street level. Also IT would be a real advantage if

it
would also show me low bridges and other coach unfriendly hazards. has any
one got any good ideas of which system to buy and what add-ons are

available
and from where ect .
thanks in advance.

John

I have a Garmin Street Pilot i3 and as Les was saying you can set them up as
though you were a truck which is handy if you tow a caravan.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk