auto or manual

Old March 4th 06, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
paul campbell

Default auto or manual

thinking of buying a td5 discovery but which is best for towing a auto or
manual to tow my twin axle van
any ideas
many thanks in advance

Old March 4th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"paul campbell" wrote in message
thinking of buying a td5 discovery but which is best for towing a auto or
manual to tow my twin axle van
any ideas
many thanks in advance

Have a look at the specs. If your caravan is eg: 1500kgs and the towing
limit of the automatic is more than that, I'd go with the auto.
Once you've learned to wiggle a gear stick and stamp your left leg up and
down, why bother if there's a better way to make progress.
DaveK.

Old March 4th 06, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

"Harpic" wrote in message

"davek" wrote in message

"paul campbell" wrote in message
thinking of buying a td5 discovery but which is best for towing a auto
or manual to tow my twin axle van
any ideas
many thanks in advance

Have a look at the specs. If your caravan is eg: 1500kgs and the towing
limit of the automatic is more than that, I'd go with the auto.
Once you've learned to wiggle a gear stick and stamp your left leg up and
down, why bother if there's a better way to make progress.
DaveK.

a Td5 Disco weighs 2250 Kg
so any van under

has a towing limit of 3500 Kg so power etc no problem either manual or
auto

I have a manual and it tows the 1995 Transtar very well, only 1250 Kg Max
though, Don't know its there.

Gerry

Should have done the maths first

Any van under 1920 Kg should be a breeze