reversing sensor`s

Old March 7th 06, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martin

Default reversing sensor`s

I have just aquired a mondeo estate tdci, and have been warned that the tow
ball interfere`s with the parking sensor`s in the rear bumper ...do any
other owners of this car have this problem or how have you got over it
.....if you have ?.

Old March 7th 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

I've had no problem whatever with the tow ball interfering with the parking
sensors on my 53 reg Mondeo estate. The only problem I have, more annoyance
than problem really, is that of course the sensor warning sounds continually
when reversing with the caravan hitched up.

Just to say I've been extremely pleased with Mondeo as a tow car, especially
as mine is an automatic, with cruise control - magic!

Keith

Old March 7th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

"martin" wrote in message
I have just aquired a mondeo estate tdci, and have been warned that the tow
ball interfere`s with the parking sensor`s in the rear bumper ...do any
other owners of this car have this problem or how have you got over it
....if you have ?.

Hi
I've got a 2.2 Estate and it certainly makes a great tow-car. My car
has a Towsure removable ball and consquently does not interfere with
the r.sensors, except with the caravan connected. Maybe you could
upgrade to a removable, it's a long car as it is!

Old March 8th 06, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
martin

Thanks for the answers to the above question chaps....can you also tell me
what height to the top of the ball that yours measures, as I use a pct bar
at the moment and it is 17 inch to the top and I want to make sure that the
next tow bar is around the same. this is a good height as the van travels
slightly nose down.