Fuel consumptio figures please

Old March 9th 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

Default Fuel consumptio figures please

Hi All,

I am due to get rid of my trusty Diesel Espace and would like to get
an OLD (cant afford much) Disco or Shogun 2ltr or 2.4ltr size.
can any one give me an idea of fuel consumption solo and towing
(980Kg) for these two vehicles.
The Espace(Diesel) gives me 37 solo town 49 solo on a run and 25
towing.

Regards

John
Old March 9th 06, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pheasnt plucker

"Long tall ugly" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am due to get rid of my trusty Diesel Espace and would like to get
an OLD (cant afford much) Disco or Shogun 2ltr or 2.4ltr size.
can any one give me an idea of fuel consumption solo and towing
(980Kg) for these two vehicles.
The Espace(Diesel) gives me 37 solo town 49 solo on a run and 25
towing.

Regards

John

My Disco TD5 series II Auto.

Solo general average 25mpg, towing 1700kg Twin Axle, circa 19mpg.

Regards.

pp.

Old March 10th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

The Espace(Diesel) gives me 37 solo town 49 solo on a run and 25
towing.

Disco TD3 used to give 32mpg solo, 27 to 30mpg towing a big twin axle.
(Pal's motor).
FWIW I drove a Nissan Terrano, 2.7td last summer. 800 miles solo, 700 towing
a Swift Conqueror twin axle, very fully loaded.
Returned 27mpg overall.
I wasn't hanging about so I guess 30+ if you were lighter on the throttle.
DaveK.

Old March 11th 06, 03:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"Long tall ugly" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am due to get rid of my trusty Diesel Espace and would like to get
an OLD (cant afford much) Disco or Shogun 2ltr or 2.4ltr size.
can any one give me an idea of fuel consumption solo and towing
(980Kg) for these two vehicles.
The Espace(Diesel) gives me 37 solo town 49 solo on a run and 25
towing.

for almost any 4x4 you'll be looking at around 25 mpg solo, that should be
enough to persuade you to either keep the espace, or get another one,

your turning a lot of extra mechanicals on a 4 wheel drive, and that saps
the power and hence increases fuel consumption,

a friend had a 4x4 for atow car for about 3 weeks before they decided to
get rid of it as it was just using too much fuel compared to the car they
had before, sure the 4x4 was their poser car they'd always wanted, but they
could think of a lot of things they could buy with the fuel money they saved
when they had a more economical vehicle, so traded the 4x4 guzzler in for an
mpv, and never looked at 4x4's in the same way again.