insurance advice appreciated

Old March 12th 06, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hayley

Default insurance advice appreciated

We have a Caravan which we use twice a year which is kept
in a secure storage place, the insurance we pay is for all year round
but really we feel that we only need it for two 1 week holidays.
is there a way of saving money?

Thanks

Simon

Old March 12th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Elliott

"Hayley" wrote in message
We have a Caravan which we use twice a year which is kept
in a secure storage place, the insurance we pay is for all year round
but really we feel that we only need it for two 1 week holidays.
is there a way of saving money?

Thanks

Simon

The way to look at it is this way; what if your caravan caught fire or was
damaged whilst in storage, its your investment and holiday home so should be
looked after, lots are in the same position but look at insurance as a
safeguard for there investment.
Also why not try a few weekends away, this helps utilise your caravan and
also helps stop them going into sis-repair.

Old March 12th 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:58:51 GMT, "Hayley" wrote:

|We have a Caravan which we use twice a year which is kept
|in a secure storage place, the insurance we pay is for all year round
|but really we feel that we only need it for two 1 week holidays.
|is there a way of saving money?

A caravan used only twice a year, is hardly earning its keep, in
depreciation, without mentioning insurance. Why not use it for a few
weekends as well?
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Old March 12th 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 12th 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 12th 06, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills\(aka Hitch Lock\)

wrote:

We have a Caravan which we use twice a year which is kept
in a secure storage place, the insurance we pay is for all year round
but really we feel that we only need it for two 1 week holidays.
is there a way of saving money?

A caravan used only twice a year, is hardly earning its keep, in
depreciation, without mentioning insurance. Why not use it for a
few weekends as well?

Or get rid of it, and hire one for the 2 weeks. It would probably be cheaper
when you consider all the overheads of owning a little-used caravan -
depreciation, loss of interest, storage fees, servicing, etc. In fact, if
you hire a camper-van, you will no longer need a car capable of towing a
caravan, and may be able to save on your all-year motoring costs.
--
Cheers,
Roger