Stereo Interference

Old March 12th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Carl

Default Stereo Interference

Hi All

Can anyone help, I have purchased a car stereo for the caravan and when it
is connected the radio works fine. When I insert a CD I have interference.
I have tried the same stereo in the car and not had a problem. Can anyone
help on how to resolve the problem.

Many Thanks

Carl

Old March 12th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

When I insert a CD I have interference.
I have tried the same stereo in the car and not had a problem. Can anyone
help on how to resolve the problem.

Have you connected it to the Status aerial? Maybe bad connection, mains lead
running nearby, or just doesn't like it.
Ring extendable aerials are good. Boosts the radio signal when you switch on
too.
Mine has a ten cd changer which plays up a bit, but not with interference.
It's getting on a bit and sometimes misses a cd or sticks on one, also the
removeable front panel broke a lug so I Araldited it on permanently. Now it
doesn't scan up but is ok downwards. Time for replacement, so wandered
around the net yesterday and found Pixmania. 68 including delivery for a
Roadmaster fm radio/cd with usb and sd card slots.
If it's any good that's amazing value.
DaveK.

Old March 12th 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Carl

Hi Dave

My stereo is fine on radio it only has interference on the CD/DVD bit.

The radio is crystal clear but just the CD has the noise this is the second
unit, the first one had this problem and I sent it back. Having thried in
the car its fine so must have something int he caravna that is affecting it.

If you are interested, I purchased mine from Canada as I wanted a multi
region dvd player, cost me 100.00 delivered, email me if you are interested
on

Carl

PS Remove one of the coms to email me

Old March 13th 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Carl
writes
Hi All

Can anyone help, I have purchased a car stereo for the caravan and when it
is connected the radio works fine. When I insert a CD I have interference.
I have tried the same stereo in the car and not had a problem. Can anyone
help on how to resolve the problem.

Many Thanks

Carl

It's usually the other way round.

Possible sources of noise - your battery charger, fluorescent lights,
mains power leads, microwave, disconnect the aerial just to make sure
it's not that, bad earth connection. That's all I can think of for now.
--
hugh