Burton Constable site near Hull

Old March 12th 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

Default Burton Constable site near Hull

Anyone know anything about this site (I've read nothing but good reviews)
and, in particular, access to it?

Setting my sat nav for the site recently just before heading north over the
Humber Bridge, it told me how far, that there was a toll road on the route,
but also that there was a road with limited access.

Don't know if this means a narrow road, or a road marked "access only".

All help gratefully received.

Old March 13th 06, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in message
Anyone know anything about this site (I've read nothing but good reviews)
and, in particular, access to it?

Setting my sat nav for the site recently just before heading north over
the Humber Bridge, it told me how far, that there was a toll road on the
route, but also that there was a road with limited access.

Don't know if this means a narrow road, or a road marked "access only".

All help gratefully received.
Hi There

I live about 10 miles away from the site, but have only stayed there a
couple of times.

Its very lively particularly during the main season, with booking
recommended. Its great for families and children.

From the Humber Bridge take the road to Hedon (its the main drag through
Hull so it gets busy at peak times.)

Follow the signs for the North Sea Ferry Terminal. About a mile past the
terminal turn left towards Preston / Sproatley.

Preston has a really tight left turn at the traffic lights but shouldn't
cause a problem.

Follow the signs for Sproatley and turn right at the T Junction in Sproatley
towards the village centre.

500m up turn left to the site, don't follow signs for the Hall.

Theres a single track road (passing places) through the grounds, but you can
see the full length, don't go if you see someone coming.

Plenty of parking and manouvering room at reception, with a barrier entry
system.

The site is huge, normally you can pick your own pitch, with some
exceptions.

HTH

Paul

Old March 14th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi There

I live about 10 miles away from the site, but have only stayed there a
couple of times.

Its very lively particularly during the main season, with booking
recommended. Its great for families and children.

From the Humber Bridge take the road to Hedon (its the main drag through
Hull so it gets busy at peak times.)

Follow the signs for the North Sea Ferry Terminal. About a mile past the
terminal turn left towards Preston / Sproatley.

Preston has a really tight left turn at the traffic lights but shouldn't
cause a problem.

Follow the signs for Sproatley and turn right at the T Junction in
Sproatley towards the village centre.

500m up turn left to the site, don't follow signs for the Hall.

Theres a single track road (passing places) through the grounds, but you
can see the full length, don't go if you see someone coming.

Plenty of parking and manouvering room at reception, with a barrier entry
system.

The site is huge, normally you can pick your own pitch, with some
exceptions.

HTH

Paul

Many thanks for the info, much appreciated.

We've booked, based on web reviews and personal recommendation, but I wasn't
sure about what my sat-nav meant!