Hobby rooflight question

Old July 7th 03, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alun Jenkins

Default Hobby rooflight question

Hello all,
being the proud owner of a 500KMFe I have a quick question to ask all the
other 'Hobbyists' here.
The van has 3 roof vents, two small and one huge.
The vents seem to be designed to to close competely !
The two small ones have silicon buttons which keep a tiny gap open opposite
the leading (hinge edge) This is a very thin gap just big enough to slide a
peice of paper in and out.
The bigger one seems to have a similar gap. Is this the 'de-aerator system
in the roof bonnet' that the manual refers to.
It says never to block this system !?
The only worry I have is that water could get in when moving (although there
isnt any evidnce of this)
Can some one else with a similar vent have a look and see if there is any
kind of gap or maybe there is
supposed to be a sealing strip around the frame where the 'glass' comes down
against it .

Alun

Old July 7th 03, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alun Jenkins

"Terrano" wrote in message

"Alun Jenkins" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hello all,
being the proud owner of a 500KMFe I have a quick question to ask all

the
other 'Hobbyists' here.

SNIP----
Hi sorry its a 2003 with the lift at one edge then slide the whole lot
sideways type !

Alun

Old July 7th 03, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terrano

"Terrano" wrote in message

"Alun Jenkins" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hello all,
being the proud owner of a 500KMFe I have a quick question to ask all

the
other 'Hobbyists' here.

SNIP----
Hi sorry its a 2003 with the lift at one edge then slide the whole lot
sideways type !

Alun

I'm still confused. Are talking about the large clear roof window, or the
small opaque ones?

Old July 7th 03, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Allan

In article [email protected], "Alun Jenkins" wrote:

The bigger one seems to have a similar gap. Is this the 'de-aerator system
in the roof bonnet' that the manual refers to.
It says never to block this system !?

If you look closely at the bottom of the large 'roof bonnet' on the longer
sides you will see at least two rectangular areas per side that have tiny
perforations that allow the de-aerator system to operate even with the roof
light fully closed. If you look up at them at the right angle you can see
daylight showing through. No rain can come through them as I sometimes use a
hose with full mains pressure through a jet over the roof of my 495UL and
the inside perforations have always been dry afterwards.

My own van is a 2002 model, the large rooflight lifts and the whole thing
slides effortlessly sideways on rollers like your own.

--
John Allan