Tap question ? ( may be a stupid one)

Old March 13th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default Tap question ? ( may be a stupid one)

Hi all I am in the process of fitting a water heater. I need to change the
current cold only tap to hot cold taps in the Kitchen unit. It looks like
the only way to do it it is remove the fridge as the worktop will not come
off. When I wire the micro switches for the new taps can I take the power
for the new hot and cold taps from the existing 12v supply and split it( the
one being used for the current cold tap). Or will I need a seperate 12v
supply run from the battery for both taps ?. The same question applies in
the bathroom.
Thanks in advance
--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old March 14th 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
news
Hi all I am in the process of fitting a water heater. I need to change the
current cold only tap to hot cold taps in the Kitchen unit. It looks like
the only way to do it it is remove the fridge as the worktop will not come
off. When I wire the micro switches for the new taps can I take the power
for the new hot and cold taps from the existing 12v supply and split it(
the one being used for the current cold tap). Or will I need a seperate
12v supply run from the battery for both taps ?. The same question applies
in the bathroom.
Thanks in advance
--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Its usually easier to lift the sink out to gain access to the taps, although
it does depend on the van.

Yes, use the existing wiring and split it at the tapset. You only have one
pump, the water decides which way it is going by virtue of which tap is
open.

Cheers

Old March 14th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Thanks David, I apreciate your time. I have contemplated taking out the
sink(that would be easy) however I cannot get to it without first taking out
the fridge. The kitchen unit is all one sealed cabinet with a seperate hob
and sink so cannot be lifted away from the base. (1992 Adria Optima 485B).
There is however a plate above the fridge that comes off to reveal the 4
wing nuts that hold in the sink. problem it my arm is too large to get to
them. I do intend asking my daughter or wife to have a go first before I
take out the fridge. I cannot even go through the fridge vent as the water
pipes are the wrong side of the fridge vent heat deflector.

Old March 14th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
k...
Thanks David, I apreciate your time. I have contemplated taking out the
sink(that would be easy) however I cannot get to it without first taking
out the fridge.

I'd remove the fridge. Caravan fourteen years old, time for a clean and
service. Chance to clean the flue, tighten the electrical connections. They
become loose just by the action of heating up and cooling down. Clean the
jet (wash and blow, not sticking wire through it), and polish the little
flame window from the side you can't usually get at.
Brush out the cobwebs and rusty paint from the radiator and repaint. Aerosol
paint 'Steel Wheels' makes it look like new. (that goes for the towhitch and
corner steadies too).
When you put it back you can make the compartment properly sealed - as per
the manufacturers specs ('cos caravan producers don't).
The fridge is usually held in by long screws from its compartment side
panels. One each side-halfway down. Screwed directly into the side of the
fridge. Remove the outside vents and chimney cowl, disconnect the gas pipe,
unscrew those long retaining screws and slide it forward.
DaveK.