Sunncamp 'type' awnings

Old March 13th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

Default Sunncamp 'type' awnings

Hi

I have seen a couple of threads regarding these types of awnings, but
have a slight problem. Our caravan awning rail is 2.55mtrs high. Last
summer we were advised that the Contempo would fit, and to be fair it
did....just!, but right on it's upper height limit.

All went well till last November, when we went down to Somerset for
the carnivals. We stopped a few nights at the Mendip Heights C&CC
site at Priddy before moving on to Bridgwater for the carnival.
However whilst we was at Priddy it got a bit windy one night and
although the pegs further away from the 'van stayed secure, the pegs
at the side of the van were only just reaching the floor and the wind
got the better of them. This resulted in the awning ripping the
entire length of the awning rail, leaving the awning looking like a
rather ragged free standing motorhome awning - not a pretty sight.

Here's the question. Has anyone seen similar awnings to these that go
to higher rail heights, preferably at least 2.6mtrs. Also due to
door/window layouts I also require the 3mtr+ width that the Contempo
provides, as the awning light comes between the door and front window
and I would prefer have all these inside the awning.

I've tried regular awnings but like the ease of erection and weight
properties of the lightweights, so if possible would like to find
another, 'more suitable' lightweight awning

TIA for any help and advice
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old August 20th 06, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mrs J Lawrence

Hi. Just seen your email about the Contempo. We also have a caravan with a
higher than average awning rail. We have found our Reimo Bergamo awning
fine. It is the same lightweight polyester as the Contempo but comes with a
standard steel frame so is much more stable. Weighs 19 kg. We have found
it much more stable than our full NR Pullman awning with fibre polls which
flaps about in the wind far too much for my liking. The Bergamo is also a
decent size. I think its 8 ft square.

Old August 28th 06, 06:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Greg

Mrs J Lawrence wrote:
Hi. Just seen your email about the Contempo. We also have a caravan with a
higher than average awning rail. We have found our Reimo Bergamo awning
fine. It is the same lightweight polyester as the Contempo but comes with a
standard steel frame so is much more stable. Weighs 19 kg. We have found
it much more stable than our full NR Pullman awning with fibre polls which
flaps about in the wind far too much for my liking. The Bergamo is also a
decent size. I think its 8 ft square.

Hi,
I am after a porch awning and wondered if you could give me your
thoughts on your Bergamo. I like the idea of the more traditional
square shape giving better headroom wall to wall. Does it go up easily?
Could you guess if as easy as the contempo or Reimo Ascona (Like the
contempo 11.3k). Don't mind larger folded size or weight. Thanks I/A
Greg.