Tom Tom Caravan users

Old March 14th 06, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default Tom Tom Caravan users

Hi as a new Tom Tom owner I was looking around for any caravan usefull add
ons and found this http://www.tomtompoi.net/sales_listings.htm looks a good
idea to me.
--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old March 14th 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.gps

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
.uk...

Hi as a new Tom Tom owner I was looking around for any caravan usefull add
ons and found this http://www.tomtompoi.net/sales_listings.htm looks a
good idea to me.
--

Do not think this is the real TomTom site.
Which is http://www.tomtom.com/

So I would suggest downloads from others might well be at your own risk of
effecting your unit.
I'm no computer expert but think one is advised to take precautions before
useing non TT software, think I've read that you should copy your present SD
card for example.
I've posted into uk.rec.gps for those thier to advise us further.

Please reply to News Group

Old March 14th 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.gps
Tinkapace

No its not the official site but there are many companies who write software
for the Tom Tom just like there are for the PC. The Tom Tom after all is
just a computer. I have other non Tom Tom software on mine and they all work
fine.

Old March 14th 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.gps
R.Peffers.

"David" wrote in message

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
.uk...

Hi as a new Tom Tom owner I was looking around for any caravan usefull
add ons and found this http://www.tomtompoi.net/sales_listings.htm looks
a good idea to me.
--

Do not think this is the real TomTom site.
Which is http://www.tomtom.com/

So I would suggest downloads from others might well be at your own risk of
effecting your unit.
I'm no computer expert but think one is advised to take precautions before
useing non TT software, think I've read that you should copy your present
SD card for example.
I've posted into uk.rec.gps for those thier to advise us further.

Please reply to News Group

Indeed you should always make a back-up before downloading and installing
any software but it should be standard practice with ?TomTom POI files.I
made up my own POI file for all Camping & Caravanning Club official camp
sites. I intended to send it to the Club but never got round to it. It is
not rocket science but is a bit tedious to do.
--

Robert Peffers,
Kelty,