WINTERHOFF ws 3000 or AL_KO Stabilizer

Old March 14th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default WINTERHOFF ws 3000 or AL_KO Stabilizer

WINTERHOFF vs ALKO
Hi Can Anyone
help me chose between the 2.
The AL-KO model number I have forgot but it was about 240 same as the
Winterhoff
Dealers only tell me the one they sell is best and slag off the other.
Nothing better than someone who has tried both!!!

I think the Explorer caravan group fit the WINTERHOFF as standard

Thanks in advance

mike

Old March 15th 06, 06:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

"Ticker" wrote in news:FjIRf.140291
:

http://www.caravanhandboek.nl/adac-s...ac-test-gb.htm

http://www.winterhoff.de/Bilder/News...-2004-engl.pdf

--
Regards, Lex
http://biod.net

Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Old March 15th 06, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

Lex M wrote in news:[email protected]
213.227.159.3:

The 'mother' of the Winterhoff is an old model Stabifix.

For the 'state of the art' stabiliser coupling click to:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~stabifix/en/index.htm

--
Regards again, Lex
http://biod.net

Old March 15th 06, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Ticker" wrote in news:FjIRf.140291
:

WINTERHOFF vs ALKO
Hi Can Anyone
help me chose between the 2.
The AL-KO model number I have forgot but it was about 240 same as the
Winterhoff
Dealers only tell me the one they sell is best and slag off the other.
Nothing better than someone who has tried both!!!

I think the Explorer caravan group fit the WINTERHOFF as standard

Which towcar will you use? FWIW, if you have a 4x4 with a spare-wheel
mounted on the rear door, or anything else that has something overhanging
the towball, the chances are that the Alko AKS 2004 and AKS 3004 will have
problems. FWIW, I have an AKS 2004 on my Bailey and I can't hitch up or
unhitch without opening the rear door (not always possible) or taking the
spare wheel off!

AFAIK, the Winterhoff has a shorter handle mounted further back and doesn't
have the same problem (but I've never used a Winterhoff and so don't know
for sure - perhaps someone else can confirm or deny

I know that Alko have a kludge to get around this design flaw, but it will
cost you about twenty-five quid, and you'll need to ensure you don't leave
the "4x4 handle" on the hitch when towing.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK