Which wheel clamp - Nemesis or Centurian

Old March 15th 06, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Which wheel clamp - Nemesis or Centurian

Hi
Looking for a new wheel clamp and would apreciate any thoughts on the
above two, both from http://www.fullstop-security.com/ or would I be
better of with the old faithful Bulldog Titan or Milenco ML2?
Bob

Old March 15th 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Looking for a new wheel clamp and would apreciate any thoughts on the
above two, both from http://www.fullstop-security.com/ or would I be
better of with the old faithful Bulldog Titan or Milenco ML2?

How often do you use your caravan?

If it is less than, say, every couple of months, you would be better of
removing the wheels, and leaving the van on bricks.

Alan

Bob

Old March 15th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Hi
On average I guess we use it every couple of months, but I'd like to
think that it was always 'protected' either at storage or on site with
a good designed wheel clamp. I've read so much about wheel clamps being
cut-through with gas-torches, bent apart etc that the Nemesis is
particular claims to be made of composite materials that are resistant
to cutting, drilling & freezing. I don't want the time and hassle of
removing wheels, storing them etc.
Bob

Old March 15th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Alan Holmes wrote:

How often do you use your caravan?

If it is less than, say, every couple of months, you would be better of
removing the wheels, and leaving the van on bricks.

Alan

You may find that you need to have a clamp fitted to comply with your
insurance requirements, a thief could soon turn up with a set of wheels
and some wheel nuts.
I checked with my insurers CC and they said that the policy only stated
that a clamp and hitch lock must be fitted to the 'van, it does not give
any requirements as to the type or model of clamp and lock used.
--
Jim.

North Derbyshire
England

To reply directly:
replace "nospam" with "henrun" in the email address