'Modern' tent/awning pegs

Old March 16th 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

Default 'Modern' tent/awning pegs

Hi All

Can any one tell me where to get these 'new' modern tent pegs.

Some time ago I heard about some 'new' tent pegs that were shaped
something like a figure 7, which you hit into the ground away from
the tent till it was flat on the ground. I believe the shape was
supposed to help it from being pulled out of the ground.

I've searched on the net, but results always seem to throw up the
standand straight pegs.

TIA
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old March 17th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les Milner

know the ones you mean, saw them myself "somewere"but cant remember were
except that they were b..... expensive
"appy vanin"

Old March 17th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les Milner

Old March 17th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les Milner

Old March 17th 06, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
richard seed

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:28:14 GMT, "Ian" wrote:

Hi All

Can any one tell me where to get these 'new' modern tent pegs.

Some time ago I heard about some 'new' tent pegs that were shaped
something like a figure 7, which you hit into the ground away from
the tent till it was flat on the ground. I believe the shape was
supposed to help it from being pulled out of the ground.

I've searched on the net, but results always seem to throw up the
standand straight pegs.

TIA

I've got somesimilar to the ones on this web site they seem to be
called ground anchors

Richard

http://www.caravanninglinks.co.uk/De...nd_anchors.htm

Old March 24th 06, 02:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"richard seed" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:28:14 GMT, "Ian" wrote:

Hi All

Can any one tell me where to get these 'new' modern tent pegs.

Some time ago I heard about some 'new' tent pegs that were shaped
something like a figure 7, which you hit into the ground away from
the tent till it was flat on the ground. I believe the shape was
supposed to help it from being pulled out of the ground.

I've searched on the net, but results always seem to throw up the
standand straight pegs.

TIA

I've got somesimilar to the ones on this web site they seem to be
called ground anchors

Richard

http://www.caravanninglinks.co.uk/De...nd_anchors.htm

Cheers, those are the ones