Any body tow with Auto 2.5 10v 97/99 V70

Old March 16th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Default Any body tow with Auto 2.5 10v 97/99 V70

About to buy one and wanted reassurance will tow my van 2 berth bailey 1000k
up the side of the peak district withour running out of steam. Heard the
auto box suffers aggro after 100 k . Is that true??

Old March 16th 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Capt T" wrote in message
About to buy one and wanted reassurance will tow my van 2 berth bailey
1000k
up the side of the peak district withour running out of steam. Heard the
auto box suffers aggro after 100 k . Is that true??

See replies to a similar question you asked a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Old March 17th 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Ok But I am looking for opinions from actual owners of 2.4 10v
autos.Previous info gratefully recd but there were no actual owners
expressing opinions.

"[email protected] home" wrote in message
news

Old March 17th 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

"Capt T" wrote in message
About to buy one and wanted reassurance will tow my van 2 berth bailey
1000k
up the side of the peak district withour running out of steam. Heard the
auto box suffers aggro after 100 k . Is that true??

As the owner of a '98 V70 20v 2.5 normally aspirated auto towing an ABI
Airstream (around 1,000Kg), I would not recommend the Auto box for towing.

When towing (in Sport mode):
On normal roads (bit of up and down) it will not get into 4th(top) gear
unless you push it up to ~65mph then feather the throttle to get it to
change down
(In Economy mode):
On a lightish throttle, it changes up to early, then 'hunts' to get into a
gear it can actually pull in.

The 10v ought to have better torque and (hopefully) the gearbox computer is
matched to the engine power.

When not towing (99.99% of my driving) it's a delight, kick downs are
immediate and it goes like sh*t off a shovel when pushed, so I put up with
the 0.01% of the time when it drives me mad.

Richard