Hitchdrive

Old March 17th 06, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T.R.

Default Hitchdrive

Thinking of purchasing a Hitchdrive need more info if any.
Please let me know about this gizmo is it worth the money or should I
buy the motorised wheel version.Thx.T.R.

Old March 17th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mark hesselgreaves

I hear theyre highly commended but a friend of mine bought one and found he
needed a motorised one. he lost money on it when he went to sell it.

Old March 17th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"T.R." wrote in message
Thinking of purchasing a Hitchdrive need more info if any.
Please let me know about this gizmo is it worth the money or should I
buy the motorised wheel version.Thx.T.R.

You have to pack and store the hitch drive to take it with you......to me
that is a lot of hassle and weight. I have the mover fitted that drives the
caravans wheels - well worth the money especially that I am disabled.

Old March 17th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I borrowed a pals to try and found it a total waste of time. Its no good at
all on shingle and would not negotiate my drive. It has a footplate on the
front to stand on to aid traction but still it would not move. The handle is
spring loaded and works a little like Arkwights till from open all hours. If
you get your hand in the way its goodbye fingers. All in all I would not
have one if you gave it to me. Even my pal gave up with it. However it will
indeed move a van all be it very slowly on level tarmac or the like. Oh and
another thing the steering handle got caught on my A frame cover when I
lifted the jocky wheel and snapped it. When I told my pal he said it had
cracked his as well. I moved a caravan on the level for about 50 ft and was
more physically kn****d than if I had pushed it. They go a lot cheaper on
Ebay if you take a look and most sellers state the reason for selling it as
fitting a motorised mover.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD