SEMI-OT - LCD TVs ( ~14"- 19" ) general query on power supply

Old March 18th 06, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default SEMI-OT - LCD TVs ( ~14"- 19" ) general query on power supply

Hi all,

I'm trying to kill 3 birds with one stone :-

- need to replace a CRT monitor for one of the kids computers
- have an in-dash car DVD player / radio and want a non permanent 12v screen
to fix into my Sedona for long runs ( i.e. strap one down the front
armrests )
- need a telly for the caravan that isn't bulky but can also swap to 12v DC
in case I'm somewhere without a hook-up.

When I track down the specs for these LCD tellys its not easy to establish
whether :-
- they ALL have a VGA port for a PC input
- they actually are DC ( 6v/9v/12v ) but have a plug which is a combined AC
adaptor

Can anyone clarify or recommend a specific brand that covers my requirements
Thx