REQ: any help on smelly awning

Old March 19th 06, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
missy elliot

Default REQ: any help on smelly awning

hi
bought a s/h awning that has been stored for 2 years, its perfect but
maybe been put away wet, and it smells musty ect, any thing i can do
to get rid of the smell?

col
Old March 19th 06, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John White

Default any help on smelly awning

"missy elliot" wrote in message
hi
bought a s/h awning that has been stored for 2 years, its perfect but
maybe been put away wet, and it smells musty ect, any thing i can do
to get rid of the smell?

col

I had a similar smell in a large frame tent. All I did was put the tent up
in the garden let it get good and wet. Rain in my case but I am sure a hose
pipe would be as good (Unless like me you are in a hose ban area) . Then let
it dry out in the sun open all window and door flaps during the day and
close up at night. This certainly did the job for me.
John

--
www.g7bwi.co.uk
..

Old March 20th 06, 06:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:29:56 -0000, "John White"
wrote:

|"missy elliot" wrote in message
.. .
| hi
| bought a s/h awning that has been stored for 2 years, its perfect but
| maybe been put away wet, and it smells musty ect, any thing i can do
| to get rid of the smell?
|
| col
|

|I had a similar smell in a large frame tent. All I did was put the tent up
|in the garden let it get good and wet. Rain in my case but I am sure a hose
|pipe would be as good (Unless like me you are in a hose ban area) . Then let
|it dry out in the sun open all window and door flaps during the day and
|close up at night. This certainly did the job for me.

I also pitch any inners on their own for a while. so that the sun/rain
could get a them (might need a bit of ingenuity). After that treat
everything with waterproofing and give it another couple of days in the
sun. I waterproofed my tents yearly.
Old March 20th 06, 06:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 20th 06, 06:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning