Buzzer thing ? needed or not

Old March 21st 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BORG

Default Buzzer thing ? needed or not

I have an Escort van which I usually pull a trailer with, nothing big,
but every now and then I pull my Pod with it.

Do I need to fit a buzzer thing for the indicators ?

I have one here but no wiring instructions

It has

Gray
Green
Black
yellow
Orange

wires.

Any idea what goes where ?

Thanks
--

www.ratrodz.co.uk

XJ900 Trike GS850 Trike

Some people are like slinkys....
no real use but it makes you smile when they fall down stairs!
Old March 21st 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"BORG" wrote in message
I have an Escort van which I usually pull a trailer with, nothing big,
but every now and then I pull my Pod with it.

Do I need to fit a buzzer thing for the indicators ?

Yep, legal requirement

Rgds

Andy R

Old March 21st 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BORG

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:50:47 -0000, "Andy R"
wrote:

"BORG" wrote in message
.. .
I have an Escort van which I usually pull a trailer with, nothing big,
but every now and then I pull my Pod with it.

Do I need to fit a buzzer thing for the indicators ?

Yep, legal requirement

Rgds

Andy R

ahh bugger, it's a bitch getting to all that wiring again.

Any ideas of the colour coding for the buzzer thing ?

Old March 21st 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

BORG came up with the following;:
I have an Escort van which I usually pull a trailer with, nothing big,
but every now and then I pull my Pod with it.

Do I need to fit a buzzer thing for the indicators ?

Yup, or a 'visual indication' of some sort, that the trailer is connected
and working.

I have one here but no wiring instructions

It has

Gray
Green
Black
yellow
Orange

wires.

Any idea what goes where ?

Can't remember, but when I did my old Landrover, the unit was a direct
replacement for the indicator relay, all wires pulled off existing relay and
pushed onto new one, tried it out before un/re-bolting them and worked fine.

There should also be some symbols on the relay that match.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!