Tomtom 700 worth the money??

Old March 21st 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter & Andrea

Default Tomtom 700 worth the money??

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a satnav unit.
For use in the Uk and France, &Sain etc.
Any views on the Tomtom 700
Is the hard disk better than SD cards???

Many thanks
Peter
Old March 21st 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham A Wilson

"Peter & Andrea" wrote in message
Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a satnav unit.
For use in the Uk and France, &Sain etc.
Any views on the Tomtom 700
Is the hard disk better than SD cards???

Many thanks
Peter

I use a PDA with Navigator 5 and a Bluetooth sat antennae the PDA then
doubles as
a photo editor
a blog pad
a games machine
and better than the satnav units I can stick both bits in my pocket and it
will take be back to where I parked my car in a strange city where I don't
know they way after a few hours wandering around

From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/madcaravanner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/madcaravanner/

Old March 21st 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

At the moment the prices of TT700 are falling, in Halfords they are now down
to 360, reason! a new series is coming out soon TT510, TT710 & TT910.
probably April/May time. I believe the TT300 is being discontinued. One of
the features of the new range, I believe, is the ability to find where your
mate is if he also has one of the new range! Which means that if yours is
stolen you could ask your mate to locate it for you!!! before the theiving
b-----d finds out how to disable the feature!!!!!
I dont know what the prices are likley to be, but I suppose they will start
off as the present series did the gradually come down as dealers start
competing.
So I would imagine the present series will soon be a very good buy,
particularly the TT500 &TT700 which are brilliant machines!! So keep your
eyes open and get one before they all go.

Tankie

Old March 21st 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"Peter & Andrea" wrote in message
Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a satnav unit.
For use in the Uk and France, &Sain etc.
Any views on the Tomtom 700
Is the hard disk better than SD cards???

Many thanks
Peter

The 700 is a brilliant piece of kit, which I heartily recommend

If you're travelling a long way, and you're using a system that uses memory
cards, there's a chance that your entire journey might not be held on one
card, so you might have to swap cards. The hard disk of the 700 holds
street maps of the whole of Europe, so you can travel anywhere in Europe
without having to worry about swapping memory cards part way through your
journey. I don't think there's any other major advantage of the hard disk
over memory cards

I have a PDA with TomTom Navigator and a 700 as well. I like the PDA, but
I'm leaning more towards the 700 nowadays.

Pete