Calor Propane

Old March 22nd 06, 05:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default Calor Propane

Does anyone know the current Calor policy on exchanging 7kg butane bottles
for 6kg propane?

I can't find it on their site.

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old March 22nd 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:42:50 GMT, "Budgie" wrote:

|Does anyone know the current Calor policy on exchanging 7kg butane bottles
|for 6kg propane?
|
|I can't find it on their site.

Ask at you local Calor Agent, they *might* help, but they are very picky
about what they will do. If they refuse, go to an independent LPG
supplier, they are more flexible.
Old March 22nd 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 22nd 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 22nd 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Budgie" wrote in message
Does anyone know the current Calor policy on exchanging 7kg butane bottles
for 6kg propane?

I can't find it on their site.

http://www.calor.co.uk/contact-us.htm

I had a similar problem last year when I wanted to downsize.
Dealers wanted me to pay about 40 on top of the gas to do this for me.

I e-mailed Calor and asked if possible, they replied and gave me the sizes
that could be echanged, BUT said I could only do this at a Principle dealer.
They gave me the 3 nearest to my postcode, 2 a couple of miles away in
Bradford and the other in Leeds.

The first refused even when shown the Calor correspondence, I reported to
Calor but got no follow up. The second did exchange with no problem.

I did note on a second visit for a refill that this main dealer charges
slightly more than the Calor recommended price list, it seems gas makers are
happy for dealers to charge what they like.

In future I will order refills via the web, and will be charged the Calor
list price and get home delivery, there appears to be no delivery charge.

Suggest you contact Calor as to the correct policy.

Please reply to News Group

Old March 22nd 06, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

I've always found that changing up to a lager size bottle is no problem,
more money in their till I suppose. I dont think there should be a problem
changing from a 7kg butane bottle to a 6kg propane, vitually same size, I
know plenty of people do change, with the change of season and had no
problem!
Tankie