generator

Old July 7th 03, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Laurie Farrell

Default generator

Hi,
We are thinking of purchasing a HondaEX7 generator because it is relatively
lightweight. Can anyone recommend an even lighter one? Also, does anyone
have any tips, devices etc. for lifting generators in and out of caravans or
motorhomes, as my husband injured his back attempting to lift our last
generator?
Many thanks for all helpful replies
Joan

Old July 7th 03, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Laurie Farrell" wrote in message
Hi,
We are thinking of purchasing a HondaEX7 generator because it is

relatively
lightweight. Can anyone recommend an even lighter one? Also, does

anyone
have any tips, devices etc. for lifting generators in and out of caravans

or
motorhomes, as my husband injured his back attempting to lift our last
generator?
Many thanks for all helpful replies

Please do a search on Google for discussions re generators on camp sites.
This subject comes up quite often, the last time only a couple of weeks or
so ago. Basically, bearing in mind most people go to quiet caravan sites
for the quiet, if you're inconsiderate enough to turn up with a generator
and make a noise that disturbs that peace for hours on end you wont be very
welcome. If you cannot cope without mains then go to a site with a hook up
and you can all drown each other out with Eastenders every night.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 7th 03, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
J L Williams

The message
from "Laurie Farrell" contains these words:

Hi,
We are thinking of purchasing a HondaEX7 generator because it is relatively
lightweight. Can anyone recommend an even lighter one? Also, does anyone
have any tips

Yes, my tip is don't get one.
If you do please keep it beside your own awning not others.
Please park 500 yards away from me.
Have a nice day.
Jim