Unladen noseweight

Old March 23rd 06, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

Default Unladen noseweight

I ordered a new Coachman Pastiche 470/2 at the recent NEC show through
Glossop Caravans. Later on I realised I had not asked what the
noseweight for the van was so I emailed Coachman to ask. They replied
that the unladen noseweight was 46kg, this seems very low even though
it has an Alko wheel carrier, so I was wondering if this unladen
weight is what is commonly referred to as the noseweight, if you
understand me. I normally work on the 7% rule so the unladen weight
from the MIRO would be 89kg and from the MTPLM 100kg. Should I be
trying to stick to the 46kg or go for the 7%, the CC seem to think
this is the way to go as do some other organisations.
I have never dealt with Glossop's before so don't know how reliable
they are, they told me my new van would be ready early May but
Coachman say they won't be starting production until mid May. I've got
17 nights booked down in the Dordogne so would really love to have the
new van for then.
--
John Richards
Old March 23rd 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"John Richards" wrote in message
[...]

The unladen noseweight is how the van leaves the factory. When you add your
gas bottles etc you should aim for 7% of what you actually have on board,
some where between 89 and 100, assuming your car is rated for the higher
figure.

Cheers

Old March 24th 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:47:19 GMT, "[email protected] home"
wrote:

|"John Richards" wrote in message
.. .
|I ordered a new Coachman Pastiche 470/2 at the recent NEC show through
| Glossop Caravans. Later on I realised I had not asked what the
| noseweight for the van was so I emailed Coachman to ask. They replied
| that the unladen noseweight was 46kg, this seems very low even though
| it has an Alko wheel carrier, so I was wondering if this unladen
| weight is what is commonly referred to as the noseweight, if you
| understand me. I normally work on the 7% rule so the unladen weight
| from the MIRO would be 89kg and from the MTPLM 100kg. Should I be
| trying to stick to the 46kg or go for the 7%, the CC seem to think
| this is the way to go as do some other organisations.
| I have never dealt with Glossop's before so don't know how reliable
| they are, they told me my new van would be ready early May but
| Coachman say they won't be starting production until mid May. I've got
| 17 nights booked down in the Dordogne so would really love to have the
| new van for then.
| --
| John Richards
|
|The unladen noseweight is how the van leaves the factory. When you add your
|gas bottles etc you should aim for 7% of what you actually have on board,
|some where between 89 and 100, assuming your car is rated for the higher
|figure.

The 7% figure is impossible to achieve with some vans, it is however
important to keep the nosewieght positive at all times, and as near 7% as
possible.

You must also ensure that the actual nosewieght is *less* than that given
in the maximum given in the caravan manual, and less than that given in the
car manual.
Old March 24th 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 24th 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning