HELP: Marauder Wiring?

Old March 24th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gone Wild

Default HELP: Marauder Wiring?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if a 1990's Abbey Marauder should have a 3 pin mains
inlet?

I bought it second hand and it has two 7 pin sockets on it which i believe
are 12S and N type.

I need to get it up and running on mains electric at home and obviously away
on sites.

Can anyone tell me what i should have/need?

mark

Old March 24th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:12:14 -0000, "Gone Wild" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if a 1990's Abbey Marauder should have a 3 pin mains
inlet?

If it has mains outlet sockets in the van then it should have a mains
inlet somewhre. But From dim distant past of looking at Marauders in
1992 I seem to remeber that one of the improvements that they made to
the Marauder Gold was to include mains electric as standard. So it is
quite possible that your van did not have electric fitted as standard.
If this is the case then you need to buy an electric installation kit
and fit it. Basically this is an inlet socket, a mains box including
circuit breaker and a couple of outlet sockets together with all the
cable to setup said system

I bought it second hand and it has two 7 pin sockets on it which i believe
are 12S and N type.

I need to get it up and running on mains electric at home and obviously away
on sites.

It's not a particularly difficult job to do if it hasn't already been
fitted.

Bill Lord

Old March 25th 06, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

Default Marauder Wiring?

"Gone Wild" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if a 1990's Abbey Marauder should have a 3 pin mains
inlet?

I bought it second hand and it has two 7 pin sockets on it which i believe
are 12S and N type.

I need to get it up and running on mains electric at home and obviously
away
on sites.

Can anyone tell me what i should have/need?

mark

Buy or make a 240v adaptor/plug.