Caravan insurance which is best Saga,NFU or caravan club

Old March 26th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default Caravan insurance which is best Saga,NFU or caravan club

Hi To All

I need to insure our 2003 van but cannot work out which is the best
out of SAGA, NFU or the Caravan Club, All about the same price
I was hoping to pay monthly but saga appear to want the full amount instant
the caravan club charge 6% for the privalage of paying monthly
all around the 250 mark, This is only for the medium service (Silver or
middle insurance not the top level)
I guess it is down to the service they offer
any advise would be greatfully recieved
thanks in advance

Old March 26th 06, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Ticker" wrote in message
.. .
Hi To All

I need to insure our 2003 van but cannot work out which is the best
out of SAGA, NFU or the Caravan Club, All about the same price
I was hoping to pay monthly but saga appear to want the full amount
instant
the caravan club charge 6% for the privalage of paying monthly
all around the 250 mark, This is only for the medium service (Silver or
middle insurance not the top level)
I guess it is down to the service they offer
any advise would be greatfully recieved
thanks in advance

Made a claim on NFU, very happy with result.

Out of your 3 companies I found them the cheapest.
Make sure you only ask for the value to be what they would pay out if a
total loss. It is easy to give your value of what you paid for it, which
is higher, but you then pay then an unneccessary high premium.

Of course you need to add contents, but watch contents if covered by home
insurence, no piont in paying twice.

Please reply to News Group

Old March 26th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Ticker" wrote in message
.. .
Hi To All

I need to insure our 2003 van but cannot work out which is the best
out of SAGA, NFU or the Caravan Club, All about the same price
I was hoping to pay monthly but saga appear to want the full amount
instant
the caravan club charge 6% for the privalage of paying monthly
all around the 250 mark, This is only for the medium service (Silver or
middle insurance not the top level)
I guess it is down to the service they offer
any advise would be greatfully recieved
thanks in advance

Don't know about NFU but with Caravan Club if your personal possessions are
covered via home insurance then you can reflect that in the caravan
insurance but Ime you could not with Saga.

Richard

Old March 26th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:00:31 GMT, "Ticker"
wrote:

Hi To All

I need to insure our 2003 van but cannot work out which is the best
out of SAGA, NFU or the Caravan Club, All about the same price
I was hoping to pay monthly but saga appear to want the full amount instant
the caravan club charge 6% for the privalage of paying monthly
all around the £250 mark, This is only for the medium service (Silver or
middle insurance not the top level)
I guess it is down to the service they offer
any advise would be greatfully recieved
thanks in advance

I don't know about the others but the CC insurance is very good if you
ever have to make a claim, very prompt and quick with no
prevaricating. Saga will allow you to pay monthly, I do it with my car
insurance and they quoted me monthly for the caravan but like the CC
they charge a fee for doing so.

Bill Lord