Burrs Country Park CC site

Old March 27th 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil McDonald

Default Burrs Country Park CC site

Has anybody been to the new CC site at Burrs Country Park, Bury yet? Or can
anybody from around there tell me anything about it!

--
Neil McDonald

Old March 27th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Neil McDonald" wrote in message
Has anybody been to the new CC site at Burrs Country Park, Bury yet? Or can
anybody from around there tell me anything about it!

--
Neil McDonald

Must have a look

Its almost on my doorstop

Perhaps the hypnologist knows

He doesn't live too far away at shelf

DieSea

Old March 28th 06, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

I was on a club rally there last weekend, although not on the Club site but
on the rally field outside the gate.
At the moment they have a big problem with drainage and are unable to use
any of the grass pitches, consequently the are only able to accomodate about
17 units and that is using 3 "late night arrival" pitches outside the gate,
this is out of a total of about 87 pitches when it has dried out!!! It is
being said that they cut back on the drainage when the were laying out the
site to try to save a few pennies!!! but it backfired and now they have lost
quite a bit of revenue. All the locals are quite amused, the site used to be
swamp land!!!
But once they have it sorted and got it dried out it will be a good base for
visiting that area, then the new wardens will be quite busy, at the moment
they are a bit on the disappointed side although they are having an easyish
settling in period, when I spoke to them I thought I detected a bit of
embarassment about the situation understanably.
The Bury market is a "must visit" I have not seen a meat and fish market
like that in decades & the surrounding stalls just go on & on.
So at the moment it is definitely "phone & book" particularly at weekends.
I will certainly be going back there later in the summer
Tankie

Old March 28th 06, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:49:53 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

|"Neil McDonald" wrote in message
| Has anybody been to the new CC site at Burrs Country Park, Bury yet? Or can
| anybody from around there tell me anything about it!
|
| --
| Neil McDonald
|

|Must have a look
|
|Its almost on my doorstop
|
|Perhaps the hypnologist knows

Never been there myself.

|He doesn't live too far away at shelf

Ah but it is in L*nc*sh*r* ;-(
Old March 28th 06, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 28th 06, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning