Porch awnings

Old March 28th 06, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default Porch awnings

I have to erect and dismantle the caravan awning alone, as my wife is
disabled. This is becoming a real pain!

Has anyone bought one of the PDQ porch awnings for sale on EBay for 169 or
thereabouts(example item 4625102486) that stay on the caravan?

They look very lightweight - are they up to the job in terms of water and
wind resistance?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old March 28th 06, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Budgie" wrote in message
I have to erect and dismantle the caravan awning alone, as my wife is
disabled. This is becoming a real pain!

Has anyone bought one of the PDQ porch awnings for sale on EBay for 169
or
thereabouts(example item 4625102486) that stay on the caravan?

They look very lightweight - are they up to the job in terms of water and
wind resistance?

Looks a good idea, seems easy enough on the video.
I note the weather was ideal, ie no wind, guess you would need help from
other caravanners if windy. We allways help others and others allways offer
us help in windy weather with our normal awning.

Please reply to News Group

Old March 28th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We bought one last year and have used it quite a lot; we are so impressed
that I have advertised my Bradcot for sale this week as it is becoming too
heavy for us.
We found the lightweight porch awning easy to fit and when secured properly
it coped with a moderate wind. it might be struggling in a gale but it is
so easy to drop it and re-erect that I do not see this as a problem.
When in Belgium last year we encountered a very strong wind and noticed that
it was bouncing on the caravan walls so now I insert foam packing pieces to
absorp the shock and lessen damage to the paint.

Old March 28th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
NoReply

you might want to read this thread,
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/...&TopicID=57577

and the comment by petevickers on this one

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/... ThreadPage=2