Thetford flush additives - newbie

Old March 29th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default Thetford flush additives - newbie

Hi all
I'm doing my last minute reccie in readiness for my 1st outing in my
Crusader for Easter at Skipsea.

My van has got a posh end bathroom with what appears to be a fully automatic
bog ( okay I still have to wipe my own ass ,but I'm still capable..)
The model is a Thetford C200 which appears to just take the flush feed from
the mains supply.
There seems to be various potions & lotions available for bogs, but I
thought the main two are a) the stuff you put in the cassette to break down
no2's and b) stuff you add to the flush.
I bought some of both types today from a place in Bradford called
Dickinsons, but when I dropped it off tonight at the van I couldn't spot any
top-up tank/reservoir where the flush fluid should go.

Can anyone whos familiar with the model explain whether you actually use a
flush aditive for these automatic models or is it just a case of using the
water as a flush exactly as normal houseful bog would ?

Also , OT but on those awing quick clamp pad devices, do the roof poles just
rest on the pads or are they clamped firm? what stops a gust of wind from
stretching the awning so the roof bars just drop out?

Old March 29th 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:13:37 GMT, "ToxOgrady"
wrote:

My van has got a posh end bathroom with what appears to be a fully automatic
bog ( okay I still have to wipe my own ass ,but I'm still capable..)
The model is a Thetford C200 which appears to just take the flush feed from
the mains supply.

It's a brilliant system

There seems to be various potions & lotions available for bogs, but I
thought the main two are a) the stuff you put in the cassette to break down
no2's and b) stuff you add to the flush.
I bought some of both types today from a place in Bradford called
Dickinsons, but when I dropped it off tonight at the van I couldn't spot any
top-up tank/reservoir where the flush fluid should go.
Can anyone whos familiar with the model explain whether you actually use a
flush aditive for these automatic models or is it just a case of using the
water as a flush exactly as normal houseful bog would ?

No additives possible for the flush water and it works a treat, the
additive for the cassette is not to break it down quite the reverse,
it is to prevent it breaking down and smelling.

Also , OT but on those awing quick clamp pad devices, do the roof poles just
rest on the pads or are they clamped firm? what stops a gust of wind from
stretching the awning so the roof bars just drop out?

The roof poles have a hook on the end which fits into the pads, you
then tighten the roof poles so that the pad is fixed firmly against
the caravan wall, as a result there is no possiblity of the awning
stretching any further and it stays in place a treat.

Bill Lord

Old March 30th 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GeordieCabby

If you look above the cassette toilet outside door there will be a filler
cap with a lock on it similar to a car petrol cap , try opening that , you
will need a funnel or a large jug to fill it. use the pink stuff there.

Old April 1st 06, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

"GeordieCabby" wrote in message
If you look above the cassette toilet outside door there will be a filler
cap with a lock on it similar to a car petrol cap , try opening that , you
will need a funnel or a large jug to fill it. use the pink stuff there.

Nope...not got any other outside access other than the cassette box. The
the main water system.