1 Year Old Coachman Pastiche

Old April 1st 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default 1 Year Old Coachman Pastiche

Hi,

My new Coachman Pastiche was bought last April and has been laid up since
our first outing last June.
On checking everything today the offside rear stop light was not working. On
removing the light unit I found all the bulbs contacts were corroded and
needed to be rubbed down and smeared with Vaseline, also there was a lot of
fly's behind the unit with a lot of dirt which seems to have run down from
the roof and somehow got behind the light unit! I'm surprised that there is
no seal on the light unit to stop increase! Has anyone else came across this
problems and what was done to stop it?

Old April 2nd 06, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"Stephen Reed" wrote in message
Hi,

My new Coachman Pastiche was bought last April and has been laid up since
our first outing last June.
On checking everything today the offside rear stop light was not working.
On removing the light unit I found all the bulbs contacts were corroded
and needed to be rubbed down and smeared with Vaseline, also there was a
lot of fly's behind the unit with a lot of dirt which seems to have run
down from the roof and somehow got behind the light unit! I'm surprised
that there is no seal on the light unit to stop increase! Has anyone else
came across this problems and what was done to stop it?

I had the same problem when I had my new Swift Challenger in 2004. The
problem didn't show up until our second outing when someone told us of the
problem when we where arriving at the site. When I eventually got the light
off, the fixings where appalling leaving only three usable fixings, I also
found all the contacts corroded and had to clean and coat with vaseline, it
seems that this is the only solution because car light type sealing hasn't
reached the caravan industry yet!
I must admit I was rather flabbergasted at the time especially as the light
unit is one of these new flashy 'Hella' types. Because of the design there
is no way you can stop the water getting behind it either, just make sure
you use plenty of vaseline, I haven't had the problem since.

Steve.