pyramid awnings

Old April 2nd 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tiscali

Default pyramid awnings

Hi all, just bought a new van and need to purchase a new awning, I have been
looking at pyramid tuscany awnings.
Anybody tried one yet?? any comments??
Cheers
Graeme

Old April 3rd 06, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

"tiscali" wrote in message

Hi all, just bought a new van and need to purchase a new awning, I have been
looking at pyramid tuscany awnings.
Anybody tried one yet?? any comments??
Cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme

We purchased one last year, I know its not a all singing all dancing awning
we are very pleased with it. We needed quite a large awning (think its
around 980 cm, and so we were looking at high costs, a day before our summer
holiday I ended up getting one from Wandahome on the M62 and to be honest I
am so glad i did.

The anwning itself has a steel frame but it is a joy to put up, it doesnt
take long to build and it can be done with only a token amount of effort
from the wife!

The structure is solid, the sides and front panel are all removable and it
looks smart. We noticed a few people had them on the sistes we stayed at so
perhaps its not such a foolish option. As for weight it doesnt make too much
of a dent on the van, and it packs away to a good size. So for my money im
glad we got it.

I think we only paid 285 for it, brand new, which in comparriosn to even
dodgy second hand ones on ebay is well worth the punt!

I look forward to other peoples comments!

Lloyd

Old April 3rd 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

Hi I had a new Pyramid awning last year, first time out in Wales we had to
go to the pub to keep dry as the water p*****d in.
Came through the roof everywhere, took it back and dealer said it was
impossible as the roof was acrylic, but he swopped it and now I've no probs
keeping dry.
Also bought a pyramid dinner service, by the time we got through Spain three
of the plates had broken ( supposed to be unbreakable, melamine)
and the fourth plate has got three hairline cracks in it.
Stuff pyramid products, I'll never buy PYRAMID again.
Hope you have better luck with their awning than I did.
Lofty

Old April 4th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Sarah and Lloyd" wrote in message

The anwning itself has a steel frame but it is a joy to put up, it doesnt
take long to build and it can be done with only a token amount of effort
from the wife!

Does that mean the husband does nothing?

:-)

Mary