Battery charging system

Old April 5th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Addy

Default Battery charging system

I have recently aquired a Camargue Britt Folding caravan with no
instructions. I am hoping someone out there has a similar caravan and
can help me work out the charging system for the battery. The caravan
has mains hookup. On the nearside chassis there is a 12S type socket
which apears to be connected to a large blue box inside the van, so
would I be right in thinking that if I plug in the 12S plug from the
front into the socket, that one of the many switches in the van would
turn on the charger from the mains though the blue box round the 12S
and then to the battery?

Old April 5th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On 5 Apr 2006 10:52:53 -0700, "Addy" wrote:

|I have recently aquired a Camargue Britt Folding caravan with no
|instructions. I am hoping someone out there has a similar caravan and
|can help me work out the charging system for the battery. The caravan
|has mains hookup. On the nearside chassis there is a 12S type socket
|which apears to be connected to a large blue box inside the van, so
|would I be right in thinking that if I plug in the 12S plug from the
|front into the socket, that one of the many switches in the van would
|turn on the charger from the mains though the blue box round the 12S
|and then to the battery?

Battery charging should be automatic from the mains hook up.

Find a cheap 3 squid voltmeter, and measure the voltage at the battery
terminals. Plug in the mains hook up and if the voltage at the battery
terminals increases a little it is charging.
Old April 5th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 5th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning