Bird Flu'

Old April 6th 06, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Bird Flu'

I'm confused by the reports on TV BBC News this am. They talk about a swan
in Scotland haveing Bird Flu', but the ticker tape at bottom of picture say
test results awaited.

Any way does anyone understand this 3km, sorry they have gone all EU and do
not use miles, restriction zone.
Does it mean we will be like the cow foot and month caravan rallies
cancelled and sites closed?

Maybe someone seen club reports etc.

Please reply to News Group

Old April 6th 06, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"David" wrote in message
I'm confused by the reports on TV BBC News this am. They talk about a
swan in Scotland haveing Bird Flu', but the ticker tape at bottom of
picture say test results awaited.

That's journalism for you!

Any way does anyone understand this 3km, sorry they have gone all EU and
do not use miles, restriction zone.
Does it mean we will be like the cow foot and month caravan rallies
cancelled and sites closed?

No, the restrictions will apply only to movement of birds by people.

If an area were restricted I wouldn't beableto take my two bantams into it
or take any birds out of it.

Wild birds can't read so they'll have to take their chances :-)

Mary

Old April 6th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Yes its bird flu however they are waiting to have it confirmed through test
results which strain it is because there is only 1 strain so far that has
transmitted to humans. (Its like finding out if its measles or German
measles)

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old April 6th 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:30:18 GMT, "David" wrote:

|I'm confused by the reports on TV BBC News this am. They talk about a swan
|in Scotland haveing Bird Flu', but the ticker tape at bottom of picture say
|test results awaited.
|
|Any way does anyone understand this 3km, sorry they have gone all EU and do
|not use miles, restriction zone.
|Does it mean we will be like the cow foot and month caravan rallies
|cancelled and sites closed?
|
|Maybe someone seen club reports etc.

The present strains of Bird flu pass between birds, via bird **** or other
body fluids, It is not very infective.

Foot and mouth passed via Airborne droplets and so was much more infective.

The present restrictions are only about restricting the movement of poultry
and poultry products. So unless anyone takes hens with them while
caravanning the restrictions will not affect us. In general the worst
problems that the general public may expect is that your car might get
disinfected occasionally. Possibly poultry farms may decide not to take
rallies.

I drove up in the Dales, obeying all the rules, at the height of the Foot
and Mouth epidemic, with no problems except having to run over some
disinfectant mats.

Old April 6th 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 6th 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning