newbie- parking on road

Old April 6th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Johnnie Scott

Default newbie- parking on road

Is it legal to park a van outside my house not connected to my car in a
(cul-de-sac) Just asked two plods and they were not sure

Thanks John

Old April 6th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mindwipe

"Johnnie Scott" wrote in
message ...
Is it legal to park a van outside my house not connected to my car in a
(cul-de-sac) Just asked two plods and they were not sure

Thanks John

plenty do it near me
although it aint really fair on the neighbours with cars,who end up further
down the road

Old April 6th 06, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Johnnie Scott" wrote in
message ...
Is it legal to park a van outside my house not connected to my car in a
(cul-de-sac) Just asked two plods and they were not sure

Thanks John

I forget exactly when, but it was about fifty years ago in a 'Case stated'
in the House of Lords, Lord Chief Justice Goddard ruled, "Any vehicle,
stationary, on any road, at any time, must cause obstruction" Wilful
obstruction of the highway is an offence. They apparently do not train
police constables like they used to.

Regards and to bed.

Dave.