WOW I have read about Caravan Security

Old April 7th 06, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default WOW I have read about Caravan Security

One site I have looked at say's you can get off a wheel clamp like the
Bulldog by letting the tyre down.

Also a hitchloch does not matter as they use a cable around the "A" Frame to
a towbar
then tow the van off with the hithlock still in place.

Wheel clamps that just hook around the the wheel rim can be levered off.

I was a bit taken back by all this.

I will try and find the site and post it to this site.

The item that comes out better is a security post
mike

Old April 7th 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

See this site for how it can be done
http://www.autoinfozone.com/clamp2.html

k...

Old April 7th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:02:08 GMT, "Ticker"
wrote:

One site I have looked at say's you can get off a wheel clamp like the
Bulldog by letting the tyre down.

Also a hitchloch does not matter as they use a cable around the "A" Frame to
a towbar
then tow the van off with the hithlock still in place.

Wheel clamps that just hook around the the wheel rim can be levered off.

I was a bit taken back by all this.

I will try and find the site and post it to this site.

The item that comes out better is a security post
mike

Not surprised at all, it's relatively common knowledge that if someone
realy wants your caravan there is not a lot you can do to prevent it,
you can only delay the proceedings a little and hope that it gives you
or others time to stop the process. The best anti theft device is a
good insurance policy so that if they do strike you can have a new
van

Bill Lord

Old April 7th 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ferg

I've got mine bolted to the deck. Also look at a product called trimtrac.
GPS device that phones youwhen thevan moves and letsyou know where it is.

regards

Ferg