Sprite Muskerteer help Needed

Old April 7th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon

Default Sprite Muskerteer help Needed

I am a total newbie so pardon my ignorance

I am looking at this caravan
http://www.callendercaravans.co.uk/c...er_tourers.htm
its on the used section and is priced at 1295 "Sprite musketeer". Its also
comes with a 3 months warrantee and a pre delivery service and includes Gas
bottle, regulator and hose ,Spare wheel and tyre, Step, Mains lead, Aquaroll
water container ,Waste container ,Leisure battery, Number plate.. Do you
think its OTT for the money? It includes the following as a starter pack, I
presume all new. There is no awning with it but I was told a new one would
be 200 for that make of caravan. Time is against me really I have two weeks
before I am made homeless and there is 6 of us going to be living in it. 2
adults and 4 children. I know its not ideal but was wondering if it would do
us for a few months till something comes up. Apparently its dry with no
signs of damp at all. I have about 1400 to spend and need the best I can
for my money. I am towing with a Renault Espace 1.9 TD. Also there is this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

Simon

Old April 7th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Simon wrote:
I am a total newbie so pardon my ignorance

snip. Time is against me really I have two weeks
before I am made homeless and there is 6 of us going to be living in it. 2
adults and 4 children. I know its not ideal but was wondering if it would do
us for a few months till something comes up. Apparently its dry with no
signs of damp at all. I have about 1400 to spend and need the best I can
for my money. I am towing with a Renault Espace 1.9 TD. Also there is this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

Simon

I would go for the larger caravan, i spent 3 months in my 14 foot leda
quantock last winter (Oct 04 to feb 05) with my 16 year old son and no
awning. i definitely was feeling claustrophobic. we've since replaced
with a 17 foot van and are pemanently housed. be aware that many sites
have holiday licences so limit you to 14/28/56 nights. join both caravan
club and camping and caravan club to check for sites with hook ups/
shower block and laundry facilities. also remember that you can claim
housing benefit for the site fees, it may take some work with local
authority as you are non standard. also register with homeless families
unit now, they may be able to get you into temporary accomodation or may
be able to delay your homelessness. e mail me and take this off line
check the spam trap.
Martin McGowan