Kerb Weight

Old April 8th 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon

Default Kerb Weight

I have a Renault Espace 2068cc. Its a M reg and is the Helios version of the
Espace. I need to know my kerb weight and cannot find it on any
documentation. I need to know if I am ok towing a 16 foot 1985 Elddis. The
caravan has this stamped on a plate "MGW 1050 "

Thanks again

Simon

Old April 8th 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Simon" wrote in message
I have a Renault Espace 2068cc. Its a M reg and is the Helios version of the
Espace. I need to know my kerb weight and cannot find it on any documentation. I
need to know if I am ok towing a 16 foot 1985 Elddis. The caravan has this
stamped on a plate "MGW 1050 "

Thanks again

Simon

The Espace is about 35cwt or 1 and 3/4 tonnes metric

At 1050 your well within the 80% recommended

I run a L reg Espace and the van is about 850Kgs

I don't know its on the back most times except for the drastic increase on fuel
consumption

DieSea

Old April 8th 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon

"DieSea" wrote in message

"Simon" wrote in message
I have a Renault Espace 2068cc. Its a M reg and is the Helios version of
the Espace. I need to know my kerb weight and cannot find it on any
documentation. I need to know if I am ok towing a 16 foot 1985 Elddis. The
caravan has this stamped on a plate "MGW 1050 "

Thanks again

Simon

The Espace is about 35cwt or 1 and 3/4 tonnes metric

At 1050 your well within the 80% recommended

I run a L reg Espace and the van is about 850Kgs

I don't know its on the back most times except for the drastic increase
on fuel consumption

DieSea

Hi

Many thanks for that info. The Espace has done 165k but its very well looked
after. Having never towed before its a little daunting towing a 16 foot
caravan, i think I need to buy a stabalizer. Also as you are in the know I
need a towbar (not a bad idea is it lol) i got a price of 150 the other day
for single electrics, does this sound about right? I need to get one in the
next 2 weeks and have it fitted.

Many thanks once again

Simon

Old April 8th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

Hi

Many thanks for that info. The Espace has done 165k but its very well looked
after. Having never towed before its a little daunting towing a 16 foot caravan,
i think I need to buy a stabalizer. Also as you are in the know I need a towbar
(not a bad idea is it lol) i got a price of 150 the other day for single
electrics, does this sound about right? I need to get one in the next 2 weeks
and have it fitted.

Many thanks once again

Simon

Hi Simon

Good luck

I started towing 36 years ago with a Hillman Imp and a Sprite 400

Now its an Espace and a 350/2 Elldis

The Espace doesn't even know the van is on the back

Its a pleasure to manoeuvre , I regularly surprise myself how easily I put it
where it should be

Two things to watch

1 ) The timing belt

and

2 ) The electrics especially the radiator cooling fans

Good Luck if I could afford another one I would go for the 2 Ltr Diesel

DieSea