240v inlet problems.

Old April 8th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default 240v inlet problems.

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 17:30:42 +0100, Furry Fred
wrote:

I have never come across anything like this in over 25 years or
caravaning. Has anyone else seen this before?

yes, I had the same scenario 18 months ago in my Htmer. The socket was
replaced under warranty with no quibbles.

Bill Lord

Old April 9th 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Furry Fred

Just been away to CCC Sandringham and whilst I was there I had a problem
with a 240v mains failure.

When I looked at the inlet plug I thought I could smell something
familiar and, when I smelt the inlet it was quite obvious - I could
smell welding!!

I looked at the plug and found that one of the pins was very badly burnt.

I am now having to source a new socket and plug - couldn't find one
locally that would fit my Hobby

Thinking back, the last time I was away with the caravan I had a a great
problem getting the plug out of the socket and I am starting to think of
the possibility that it had welded together then and then the pulling
and cussing managed to break the weld - leaving a poor connection that
obviously arced when I used it this time.

--
Furry Fred - a very nice, polite, handsome and generous gentleman who?s
so, so very modest!

Old April 10th 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Vines

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
Just been away to CCC Sandringham and whilst I was there I had a problem
with a 240v mains failure.

Don't know your answer:-) But we were on the CC Sandringham Site and had a
walk round the CCC one on Saturday morning, nice site.