Advice needed, M6 or M1 down South?

Old April 9th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

Default Advice needed, M6 or M1 down South?

Hi everyone. We live in Leeds and we are off on the regular pilgrimage to
Falmouth to see my parents. Every time we make the journey we do M1, M42 and
M5... we live in Leeds.

Just wondering if anyone from a similar area does M62, M6 and then M42/5

Just curious as always assumed my way was best, now beginning to wonder. M62
is the nightmare of all motorways but M1 can be a bag of laughs too
sometimes.

All opinions as always greatly appreciated.

Lloyd

Old April 9th 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Sarah and Lloyd wrote:

Hi everyone. We live in Leeds and we are off on the regular
pilgrimage to Falmouth to see my parents. Every time we make the
journey we do M1, M42 and M5... we live in Leeds.

Just wondering if anyone from a similar area does M62, M6 and then
M42/5
Just curious as always assumed my way was best, now beginning to
wonder. M62 is the nightmare of all motorways but M1 can be a bag of
laughs too sometimes.

All opinions as always greatly appreciated.

Lloyd

I can't comment on the M62, but the M6 may not be too bad if you avoid
hitting the bit just north of Birmingham at busy times. Assuming you stay on
the *old* M6 (no point in using the toll road for where you want to go) this
leads straight onto the M5 without going anywhere near the M42 (expect for
passing the end of it near Bromsgrove).
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old April 9th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Hi everyone. We live in Leeds and we are off on the regular pilgrimage to
Falmouth to see my parents. Every time we make the journey we do M1, M42
and
M5... we live in Leeds.

In Bradford think I would go your way.
Look at
http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamich...MaHomePage.htm

Please reply to News Group

Old April 9th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 9th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 9th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Sarah and Lloyd wrote:

Hi everyone. We live in Leeds and we are off on the regular
pilgrimage to Falmouth to see my parents. Every time we make the
journey we do M1, M42 and M5... we live in Leeds.

Just wondering if anyone from a similar area does M62, M6 and then
M42/5
Just curious as always assumed my way was best, now beginning to
wonder. M62 is the nightmare of all motorways but M1 can be a bag of
laughs too sometimes.

All opinions as always greatly appreciated.

Lloyd

We're in Leeds and have a son in Chippenham and a daughter in south Wales,
we visit both often and they come here. We've all tried both routes more
than once and none of us would ever go via the M62 again unless it were
during the night.

We've also used the A1 (which we prefer) but then you need to go on the M4
which can be the Road From Hell - all those London commuters ...

There's no easy way.

Mary