Hobby 710 excellent

Old April 12th 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan

Default Hobby 710 excellent

Our old Hobby has finally bit the dust and as we no longer tour (van is on a
seasonal pitch) we were considering a 710 as a replacement. Thing is its
German spec and I`m lead to believe that this is will cause problems with
insurance and also, that the electrical system may be unsafe. Our old Hobby
was uk spec and caused us no problems. Obviously I don`t want to take any
risks and wondered if anyone else had experience with german spec vans. Any
advice gratefully accepted.

Old April 12th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Alan" wrote in message
Our old Hobby has finally bit the dust and as we no longer tour (van is on
a seasonal pitch) we were considering a 710 as a replacement. Thing is its
German spec and I`m lead to believe that this is will cause problems with
insurance and also, that the electrical system may be unsafe. Our old
Hobby was uk spec and caused us no problems. Obviously I don`t want to
take any risks and wondered if anyone else had experience with german spec
vans. Any advice gratefully accepted.

I don't know about the differences between the specs of the Uk and German
Hobbys, but remember that you will need to get it delivered, unless you have
a 3.5 tonne vehicle. Its not a problem if it can stay on site all year, but
if you have to move it off each season could become a pain in the harris.

Cheers

Old April 14th 06, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

"Alan" wrote in message
Our old Hobby has finally bit the dust and as we no longer tour (van
is on a seasonal pitch) we were considering a 710 as a replacement.
Thing is its German spec and I`m lead to believe that this is will
cause problems with insurance and also, that the electrical system
may be unsafe. Our old Hobby was uk spec and caused us no problems.
Obviously I don`t want to take any risks and wondered if anyone else
had experience with german spec vans. Any advice gratefully
accepted.

Give someone a ring at Royal Umpire in Croston, Lancs. The place is
full of them. The site owners (Harrison Leisure) sell them to people
who wish to site on their park. I spoke to quite a few people who had
Hobbys when I was there a couple of months ago, no-one spoke of any
problems. In fact the main problem one new owner had was how to fill
his onboard tank with water as there is no power point to plug an
external pump into, and his hosepipe wasn't long enough.

I used to know a couple of people with Hobbys but IIRC they were all
UK spec.

--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old April 15th 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

If you are buying a new(ish) large Hobby then there are specific UK
models 650's and 700's and 710's etc. which are widely used as static
'vans. Insurance shouldn't be a problem, PROVIDED you don't wish to tow
it! (Basically illegal to tow with 'ordinary' tow vehicles less than
3501kgs GVW) . Many dealers can easily fit an external pump connection
so that an aquaroll can fill the internal tank.

Cheers, Doc.