Fiamma Or Omnistor

Old April 14th 06, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
cbjroms

Default Fiamma Or Omnistor

Hi,

I am thinking of getting either a Fiamma Caravanstore or an Omnistor instead
to replace our caravan awning - we only use it as a sunshade in the summer.

Anyone have any views on which one of these is best. It seems to me that the
Fiamma travels on the van whereas the Omnistor has to be put inside. What
are the pros and cons.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris (Hampshire)

Old April 14th 06, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"cbjroms" wrote in message
Hi,

I am thinking of getting either a Fiamma Caravanstore or an Omnistor

instead
to replace our caravan awning - we only use it as a sunshade in the

summer.

Anyone have any views on which one of these is best. It seems to me that

the
Fiamma travels on the van whereas the Omnistor has to be put inside. What
are the pros and cons.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Can't comment on the Omnistor but last year purchased the Caravanstore and
we are very pleased with it. Its relatively lightweight compared to a
conventinal sun shade. Its very easy to put up and take down. Its ideal if
you are touring. We have an end sun blocker and are thinking we might invest
in a front sun blocker this year.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old April 15th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

David Klyne wrote:
"cbjroms" wrote in message
[...]

*. . . . . *
I've had both a Caravanstore, and now a CaravanstoreZIP, and a number
of friends have done likewise. We find the Caravanstore, ZIP or not,
very useful when touring, and we've all put porch and full awnings up
in the loft!!

The Omnistor equivalent can also be left on the 'van, but, unlike
Fiamma, Omnistor do one in a metal cassette rather than a pouch,
(Omnistor 2000?) which has the big advantage of rolling itself up when
put away. Rolling up the Fiamma manually, can be rather tricky for
those of waning muscle power!! I've known a few folks who've found it
too much and sold the Fiamma on; so be aware. My next 'van will have
the Omnistor!!

Cheers, Doc.