Jackpads

Old April 15th 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Default Jackpads

Has anyone any recommendations for those jackpads that attach to the ends of
the legs to stop them sinking into soft ground? We always carry lengths of
wood for this purpose, but the fitted pads seem a neater solution. I tried
a set of cheap ones (Jumbo Foot) but although they located OK in the loops
in the ends of the legs, they rattled around at all angles and did not seem
to be located positively on the leg. I've seen Fiamma and a number of other
makes, which are counterbalanced so that they stay horizontal when the van
is under way.

Recommendations, anyone? TIA.

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old April 15th 06, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:49:44 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
wrote:

Has anyone any recommendations for those jackpads that attach to the ends of
the legs to stop them sinking into soft ground? We always carry lengths of
wood for this purpose, but the fitted pads seem a neater solution. I tried
a set of cheap ones (Jumbo Foot) but although they located OK in the loops
in the ends of the legs, they rattled around at all angles and did not seem
to be located positively on the leg. I've seen Fiamma and a number of other
makes, which are counterbalanced so that they stay horizontal when the van
is under way.

Recommendations, anyone? TIA.

I've had a set of Britex ones on my van for 4 years, they work a
treat. I did break one of the plastic pins that hold them on, own
fault, not a problem as they came with spare pins.

Lenny
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old April 16th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Stewart wrote:

|| "Richard Brookman" wrote in message
||| Has anyone any recommendations for those jackpads that attach to
||| the ends of the legs to stop them sinking into soft ground? We
||| always carry lengths of wood for this purpose, but the fitted pads
||| seem a neater solution. I tried a set of cheap ones (Jumbo Foot)
||| but although they located OK in the loops in the ends of the legs,
||| they rattled around at all angles and did not seem to be located
||| positively on the leg. I've seen Fiamma and a number of other
||| makes, which are counterbalanced so that they stay horizontal when
||| the van is under way.
||| Recommendations, anyone? TIA.

|| I wouldn't go without them, just have to watch for high kerbs as
|| they can be snapped off.

What make do you have?

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old April 16th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Stewart wrote:

|| "Richard Brookman" wrote in message
||| Has anyone any recommendations for those jackpads that attach to
||| the ends of the legs to stop them sinking into soft ground? We
||| always carry lengths of wood for this purpose, but the fitted pads
||| seem a neater solution. I tried a set of cheap ones (Jumbo Foot)
||| but although they located OK in the loops in the ends of the legs,
||| they rattled around at all angles and did not seem to be located
||| positively on the leg. I've seen Fiamma and a number of other
||| makes, which are counterbalanced so that they stay horizontal when
||| the van is under way.
||| Recommendations, anyone? TIA.

|| I wouldn't go without them, just have to watch for high kerbs as
|| they can be snapped off.

What make do you have?

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old April 16th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Stewart wrote:

|| "Richard Brookman" wrote in message
||| Has anyone any recommendations for those jackpads that attach to
||| the ends of the legs to stop them sinking into soft ground? We
||| always carry lengths of wood for this purpose, but the fitted pads
||| seem a neater solution. I tried a set of cheap ones (Jumbo Foot)
||| but although they located OK in the loops in the ends of the legs,
||| they rattled around at all angles and did not seem to be located
||| positively on the leg. I've seen Fiamma and a number of other
||| makes, which are counterbalanced so that they stay horizontal when
||| the van is under way.
||| Recommendations, anyone? TIA.

|| I wouldn't go without them, just have to watch for high kerbs as
|| they can be snapped off.

What make do you have?

--
Rich

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.