Thetford vent

Old April 16th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Thetford vent

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:51:07 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
wrote:

Cleaning out the Thetford cassette after relatives had been staying in our
caravan for the weekend (and had disregarded the instruction "only for a pee
in the middle of the night" - thanks guys

Our Loo is our loo when we go away, I don't understand why anyone
would want to treat them differently.

) I found that the vent on the top
of the cassette was leaking. (The automatic air vent, like a grey plastic
bar next to the blade cover.) I've dismantled it, lubed the plunger with a
bit of olive oil, and it seems to be OK. This is the first time I have
taken it off the cassette since I've owned it (4 years). Is this a common
problem, have I done the right thing, or should I get a new one for peace of
mind?

Once they start leaking they tend to carry on, it's not an expensive
part as bits for caravans go.

Bill Lord

Old April 16th 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:37:09 +0100, "Richard Brookman"
wrote:

Not being caravanners, I don't think they understood the
principle of minimal usage

Neither do I and I have been a caravanner for 15 or more years.

Bill Lord

Old April 17th 06, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Cleaning out the Thetford cassette after relatives had been staying in our
caravan for the weekend (and had disregarded the instruction "only for a pee
in the middle of the night" - thanks guys) I found that the vent on the top

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old April 17th 06, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

bill lord wrote:

||| Cleaning out the Thetford cassette after relatives had been staying
||| in our caravan for the weekend (and had disregarded the instruction
||| "only for a pee in the middle of the night" - thanks guys
|| Our Loo is our loo when we go away, I don't understand why anyone
|| would want to treat them differently.

Fair point - but they were staying and eating with us in the house and only
using the caravan to sleep in. There were two fully-functioning mains loos
within 20ft of them, and we asked them to use the caravan loo as little as
possible. Not being caravanners, I don't think they understood the
principle of minimal usage. Still, no harm done, and at least I discovered
the leaking vent before we went away for the summer.

||| ) I found that the vent on the top
||| of the cassette was leaking.
|| Once they start leaking they tend to carry on, it's not an expensive
|| part as bits for caravans go.

Hmm. Thought that might be the case. It's now working perfectly, but I
will get a spare.

Thank you.

--
Rich

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old April 17th 06, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old April 17th 06, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman