London sites

Old April 18th 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

Default London sites

Hi

My wife and I want to spend 2 weeks visiting London this Summer. Bearing in
mind that we'll be travelling into central London most days, are there any
caravan sites that are reasonably near to a tube station?

We stayed at Lee Valley last year, which was brilliant, but after a long day
in London, we sometimes wished the site was a bit nearer to a tube station.

We're travelling from the North (M1 from Nottingham) but we don't mind
travelling and staying South of London (or East or West for that matter)

Thanks

Pete

Old April 18th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"GrannieAnnie" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message
Hi

My wife and I want to spend 2 weeks visiting London this Summer. Bearing
in mind that we'll be travelling into central London most days, are there
any caravan sites that are reasonably near to a tube station?

We stayed at Lee Valley last year, which was brilliant, but after a long
day in London, we sometimes wished the site was a bit nearer to a tube
station.

We're travelling from the North (M1 from Nottingham) but we don't mind
travelling and staying South of London (or East or West for that matter)

Thanks

Pete

Abbey Wood Federation Road, Abbey Wood, SE2
Tel: 020 8310 2233
Open all year round. Very big.
Getting The Abbey Wood Mainline from Charing Cross

That looks ideal

Thanks very much

Pete

Old April 19th 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

We spent a week at Crystal Palace just before Easter. Highly
recommended. Not sure whether it is a CC member-only site, but there
were German and Dutch vans on site so presumably they take non-members
too. Not cheap, but the facilities are great, toilets and showers
clean etc and considering its proximity to Central london and all the
"tourist" stuff we couldn't complain (17 a night IIRC).

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/UK+Site...CRYSTAL+PALACE

Turn left and cross the road outside the entrance, from there you can
get the No. 3 bus which takes about 15 minutes into Brixton. The bus
stops just opposite Brixton tube station on the Victoria line.

Cheers
Shaun

Old April 19th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"Pete" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know what it's like, just know it exists.
Perhaps someone else can tell you what it is like?
Annie

We'll be staying there for 2 weeks so I think I'll take a drive down and
have a look before I book

Pete